Adding an Insurance Company
Here are the instructions to add a new insurance company within your TherapyAppointment account:
- Click the [Practice Settings] tab located in the row of options on the left hand side of the screen.
- Click on the [Billing & Insurance] tab.
- Go down the the 'Insurance Features' panel (lower left).
- Click 'Set Up'.
- Click the [+New] button (located in the upper right) of the screen.
At this point, you will be presented with two options: 'Search' and 'Manually Add Insurance Company'. If you go through the 'Search' feature, you can search our insurance database by Insurance Company Name or Payer ID.
Enter the name of the insurance company (or the Payer ID) in the field provided and select the insurance company you wish to add from the drop-down list.
Here, you will have the option to add the insurance company's claims mailing address / date contracted as well as various other options.
**Note with regard to setting up Magellan**
Magellan (Payer ID 01260) is very picky about their address format and require claims to populate in a very specific way. For this reason, Magellan must be added manually.
To Add Magellan:
- Go to 'Manually Add Insurance Company'.
- Enter Magellan Payer ID: 01260 in the 'Company Name' field.
- Press the [Add Company] button. Do not enter a Payer ID number in the 'Payer ID' field; it should be blank.
- Enter Magellan's claims mailing address in the fields provided.
- Press the [Save and Done] or [Save and Add another] button at the bottom.
Attached is a screenshot of what the correct Magellan insurance set up will look like.